Text Us! (850) 213-2513
medical malpractice Kerrigan Pensacola Florida

Malpractice usually (but not always) refers to medical malpractice. Medical malpractice occurs when a physician or health care provider deviates from accepted standards of medical treatment and care. Thankfully, most doctors, nurses and health care facilities observe safe and accepted practices when treating and/or caring for their patients. But this is not always the case. When something goes wrong because of the carelessness or negligence of a doctor or health care provider, then you need an attorney with the knowledge and experience to know how to handle your medical malpractice case.

In Florida, a lawyer cannot file a malpractice claim against a doctor of health care provider without following a certain procedure that allows the person (doctor or health care provider) to be apprised of the claim against them and allowed an adequate time to conduct an internal investigation to determine and agree that negligence has indeed occurred. This procedure has to be followed exactly in order to preserve the legitimacy of your claim. Florida lawyers experienced in these claims know this.

The Florida Bar Board Certified attorneys at Kerrigan Estess Rankin McLeod & Thompson have handled many types of health care related cases, some of which are: errors in surgery, prescription errors, pharmacy errors, abuse in nursing homes and assisted living facilities, child birth injuries/death, errors in administering anesthesia, misdiagnosis and, of course, nurse and/or physician negligence.

Keep in mind that these cases are some of the most difficult, time consuming and expensive cases to pursue. This is why you need a local attorney with previous knowledge and experience in handling Florida medical malpractice claims. Over the last 35 years, our law firm has handled many medical malpractice cases from Pensacola to Panama City and has a reputation of being tough, thorough and fair.

If you have a medical malpractice claim, call us anytime at 850-444-4444 or complete our online contact form available here.